Top 12 Revenge Movies
Most people are driven by power; plain and simple. How that power is attained is another story. Rape is not about sex; it is physical and personal power over another human being, causing irrefutable pain and trauma to the victim, and a heightened sense of ego to the perp.
Violence, in all forms, is common within the movie industry and when considering a storyline that is marketable, the inclusion of an underdog or a vigilante always sells.
I want to see a hero who defies the odds and takes revenge on evil. When I am feeling challenged and my back is against the wall, I watch one of my favorite movies where the scores are settled in the end. I especially appreciate a strong, female character who ultimately wins against her oppressors.
Therefore, I offer you a list of my favorite revenge movies:
12. Death Wish - 1974 Charles Bronson
11. Double Jeopardy – 1999 Tommy Lee Jones, Ashley Judd
10. Taken – 2008 Liam Neeson
9. Gladiator – 2000 Russell Crowe
8. The Count of Monte Cristo – 2002 Jim Caviezel
7. Colombiana – 2011 Zoe Saldana
6. Munich – 2005 Eric Bana
5. The Girl with the Dragon Tatoo – 2011 Rooney Mara, Daniel Craig
4. The Brave One – 2007 Jodie Foster
3. Enough – 2002 Jennifer Lopez
2. Law Abiding Citizen – Gerard Butler, Jamie Fox
AND MY # 1 REVENGE MOVIE IS...............
Sleepers – 1996 Brad Pitt, Robert De Niro
An honourable mention goes to Bad Ass – 2012 Danny Trejo. This is a light hearted, vigilante movie that is funny and really bad ass!